The definition of skincare is the use of cosmetics to care for one’s skin. Having said this, our skin is our largest organ – shouldn’t we look after it properly?
Choosing which skincare products to use can be a daunting and tiresome affair, let me help you. As a qualified Health and Skincare Therapist, I divide skin types not only into the normal, dry, oily and combination skin categories, I go a step further and advise each person according to the season we are in, as well as the season in your life you find yourself. With us heading into Spring, let us look at what our skin is generally requiring. Let us start by identifying what happens to your skin in Spring.
With the change from Winter to Spring, one’s skin is exposed less to cold, dry air and more to higher moisture levels in the air, warmer temperatures, and increased sunshine.
This means you would want to perhaps start switching from using a heavier moisturiser to using a lighter moisturiser. You would also definitely continue wearing your SPF daily as we now start enjoying the sunshine and outdoors more.
Spring is the perfect time to return to exfoliating and to brighten the dull skin that has accumulated during the winter season. Remember to exfoliate as it will brighten your complexion, something we so often forget to do during winter. One does not have to limit oneself to physical exfoliation (abrasive particles that scrub away dead skin). We have our amazing Scrubby which is 100% organic cotton and eco-friendly, that can be used daily with our My Wash facial cleanser or our My Scrub to be used once a week.
What can we do to help our skin in Spring?
7 Spring Skin Care Tips for Healthy Skin
- Exfoliate your skin. The first step on the path to glowing skin starts with exfoliating away the lingering layer of winter. A good spring clean indeed!
- Hydrate from the inside, remember to drink water.
- Wear Sunscreen, yes, even on cloudy days.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Use a lighter moisturizer.
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise will increase blood flow which brings oxygen and nutrients to the skin.
- Clean your makeup brushes.
- Remember to take your vitamins.
- Use a face mask after exfoliating your skin.