Instead of setting New Year’s resolutions this year, why not set fresh starts?
Resolutions are great to have and heck if you can stick to them, that’s even better, but life gets busy and more so, people feel despondent by not keeping to these ‘new year, new me’ resolutions. So why not create healthy fresh starts, or you could even call or see them as healthy habits that you add to your new year?
Truth is, we all have a few things that we’d love to change or add to each year, yet we don’t write them down or sometimes life spirals before our eyes and the next thing you know, it’s a new year and you’re back to feeling the guilt of not following your resolutions.
Instead of setting yourself up for failure or getting despondent about this new year that we are going into, why not get motivated and move into the new year with a few healthy starts and habits?
Easy fresh starts to start your New Year on the right footing:
- Take time for self-care. Start putting yourself and your needs first. You cannot pour from an empty cup.
- Say ‘no’ to things and people that drain you. Life is too short to be a people-pleaser.
- Do a gut detox after all the festive season eating. This is not just good for your body, but it’s also great to help clear your skin of all those built-up festive toxins.
- Do more of what makes you happy. Happiness shines from within and when you are truly happy, your skin will glow too.
- Streamline your skincare products and set up a skincare regime if you don’t yet have one. You can honestly start by making sure you have a *face wash, scrub, moisturiser and do not forget a good SPF.
You can have a look into our My Liquid Flowers Wash, My Face Scrub, one of our much-loved moisturisers, as well as into a good SPF – we recommend the SUNSKIN range.
**If you are not comfortable making an informative decision based on a skincare routine that will best suit your skin, remember we offer an online skin consultation.
- Remember to hydrate. Not only for you to function at your best but water is great for good skincare. Remember to keep hydrated this Summer.
- Learn how to manage your stress. Be it by meditating, setting your alarm a bit earlier for you to enjoy that first cup of tea or coffee, reading more, taking a walk in nature, only you know how you can destress best.
At the end of the day, we all fall short of following through with resolutions. Let’s be kinder to ourselves this year. Let’s set up fresh starts and add healthy, achievable habits to our day-to-day lives, motivating us to be the very best we can be, by not adding to the world’s pressures and comparisons.
Have a blessed first month of this New Year, 2023.